The Marburg Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery is located on Lot 1 (RP 35866) Edmund Street (off Warrego Highway) Marburg, Queensland 4346.
Opened approximately in 1880 the cemetery was originally a Lutheran burial ground, but now it is open to all denominations.
The Marburg Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery is an open burial ground with numerous (about 250) prominent headstones marking the graves of many early pioneers and residents of the Marburg area.
The eastern section of the cemetery is now general Marburg cemetery while the western section contains mainly the graves of German and Lutheran family members. An open timber framed and corrugated galvanized iron roofed shelter shed is located centrally.
The Marburg Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery is a place of cultural heritage significance and is important for its association with the social and spiritual evolution of Marburg, as a record of the family names of local residents – particularly those of Lutheran faith.
Displayed below are images of the Headstone and Base Cemetery Memorials, Full Single Monument Cemetery Memorials, Full Double Monument Cemetery Memorials, Vault and Mausoleum Cemetery Memorials, created by Alpha 1 Memorials – Monumental Masons Brisbane and erected over burial plots in this cemetery. Click on any image to be taken to a page with full details of that monument.
For more images of all types of Cemetery Memorials created by Alpha 1 Memorials please also visit the pages of: (1) Goodna General, (2) Mount Gravatt, (3) Kalbar General, (4) Logan Reserve, (5) Lutwyche, (6) Toowong, (7) Bulimba, (8) Logan Village, (9) Cherbourg, (10) Ipswich General, (11) South Brisbane (Dutton Park) cemeteries.